NO TIME TO LOOK FOR A PART? Let our part specialists search for you. Get Started.
The Production Manager is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating activity in the equipment teardown and product reconditioning shops as well as shipping/receiving/warehousing to ensure employees are working in accordance with quality and safety standards and are meeting the production goals of the organization.
- Direct all organizational activity related to Buffalo, NY operations/production
- Direct activity of the Reconditioning Supervisor and Teardown Supervisor.
- Supervise the activities in the shipping/receiving department
- Develop operating strategies, plans, or procedures to ensure production goals are met
- Develop organizational methods, procedures and metrics, and monitor to ensure on track.
- Implement organizational process or policy changes.
- Drive continuous improvement within the facility
- Analyze data to make informed operational decisions
- Develop operational progress or status reports to keep company CEO/CFO informed
- Hire, train, evaluate, or discharge staff or resolve personnel grievances.
- Conduct employee training programs.
- Evaluate employee performance.
- Direct facility maintenance or repair activities.
- Monitor and approve warehouse and production related expenditures.
- Manage company safety program in coordination with human resources
- Ensure work is conducted safely and that appropriate corrective action is taken.
- Ensure quality control
- Evaluate quality of materials or products being produced
- Prepare operational budgets.
- Develop specifications for new products or processes.
- Maintain knowledge of current developments in area of expertise.
- Work with other members of the company management team to accomplish organizational goals
- Degree in business management or related field
- Five or more years Production Management Experience
- Mechanic knowledge with heavy equipment, preferred
- Safety and OSHA training