NO TIME TO LOOK FOR A PART? Let our part specialists search for you. Get Started.
Engine Rebuild Kit - Less Bearings - High Compression 6404A/T fits John Deere 6404T 6404A 7020 5440 4630 5200 7700 690B 6602 693B 4430 740 6600 SH
A core charge is a fee that is added to the price of some parts. Items with a core charge contain components that can be reused to make a new part. When you return your old part (the core), we'll refund the core charge.
- Compatible with John Deere Tractor(s) 4430, 4630, 7020 (late)
- Compatible with John Deere Combine(s) 6600 SH (s/n 305672-later), 6602 (s/n 163500-later), 7700 (s/n 8000-later)
- Compatible with John Deere Harvester(s) 5200 (late), 5440
- Compatible with John Deere Construction & Industrial(s) 690B, 693B, 740
- Compatible with John Deere Engine(s) 6404A (diesel, s/n 335846-later), 6404T (diesel, s/n 335846-later)
- Replaces John Deere Block Casting nos R49470, R49650, R59850, R72128, R87558
- Bore: 4.250"
- Internal plate type oil cooler
- Kit includes: High Compression Easy Start Pistons, Piston Ring Set, Liners, Connecting Rod Bushings, and Gasket set with Crank Seals
- High Compression Easy Start pistons are produced from an aluminum hypereutectic alloy. This allows the pistons to: Retain a higher percentage of strength and hardness during normal operations, Have a very low coefficient of thermal expansion, Have a higher resistance to wear, Have a higher tensile strength. The combustion bowls in these pistons are engineered to create higher compression. These pistons raise the static compression of an engine approximately 1-1.5 points. They ignite a larger ratio of fuel / air per stroke, which wastes less raw fuel. This translates into: Improved cold weather starting, Increased horsepower, Extended engine life
- Kit does not include connecting rod or main bearings
- For standard connecting rod bearing use 106763
- For .010" connecting rod bearing use 106341
- For .020" connecting rod bearing use 106765
- For .030" connecting rod bearing use 106766
- For standard main bearing use 106835
- For .010" main bearing use 106836
- For .020" main bearing use 106837
- For .030" main bearing use 106838
- Additional Handling & Oversize Fees Apply To This Item
- All new, rebuilt and used tractor parts have a 1-year warranty
- To receive this product outside the continental U.S., you must call 877-530-4430 to make arrangements
- WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive harm. See www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
About H&R Construction Equipment Parts
H&R Construction Equipment Parts is a leading supplier of new, rebuilt, and used parts since 1984 for the major manufacturers of excavators, wheel loaders, bulldozers, articulated trucks, and skid steers. Our warehouses consists of over 140,000 sq. ft. of space to house our inventory, along with 40 acres of outside storage.