Shipping & Receiving - Lawrenceville
Warehouse, Shipping and Receiving
Pay is based on experience
Direct Dial: (800) 333-0650
e-mail: [email protected]
H&R Construction Parts and Equipment, Inc.
20 Milburn Street
Buffalo, New York 14212
This job description is a general guideline of the responsibilities and duties of the Warehouse/Shipping and Receiving position. the employee may be asked to perform additional task or duties as deemed necessary by management.
Some of the responsibilities include storing materials, picking, packaging (including building skids, crates) orders, and loading/unloading trucks. The goal is to increase efficiency, profitability and customer satisfaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inventory Management
- Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards high for audits
- Report discrepancies
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to organizational standards
- Maintains inventory controls by collecting stock location orders, printing request, recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed through a computer. Assist in the counting of physical inventory
- Order Preparation/Shipping
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label, ship)
- Packages and builds pallets, crates, etc.
- Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, store)
- Open packages, crates and other containers
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimize space utilization
- Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and coworkers
- Operate and maintain preventively warehouse vehicles and equipment
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations
- Follow safety standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat.
- Sweep, dust and mop.
- Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- 1-2 years previous warehouse experience preferred
- Good communication, organizational, time management, mathematical skills
- Experience building skids and other containers to safely protect product in shipment
- Inventory, Equipment maintenance, data entry and computer skills required
- Proven working experience as a warehouse worker
- Good organizational and time management skills; ability to work independently
- Ability to lift heavy objects
- Ability to operate a forklift and crane following safety policies.
- 95% time standing
- 5% sitting
- Heavy lifting; 50 to 100 lbs.