Inside Sales Position - Buffalo, NY
Pay is based on experience
SALES MANAGER CONTACT
Direct Dial: (716) 218-4927
e-mail: [email protected]
Human Resources/Branch Manager
H&R Construction Parts and Equipment, Inc.
20 Milburn Street
Buffalo, New York 14212
Inside telephone sales position. Primary responsibility is responding to customer-initiated calls seeking company supplied products. Customer requests are researched and matched against available inventory to create sales as well as outsourcing products from vendors for non-stocked items requested to meet customer needs, eventually leading to closing sales and meeting monthly targets.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
- Handle inbound customer requests for pricing and availability
- Create positive customer relations to encourage repeat business
- Enter quotes and invoices into the company’s invoicing system
- Locate alternative products that are not in stock from approved vendors
- Prepare invoices
- Prepare and supply customers with freight quotes
- Provide input to assist in keeping price lists and catalogs updated
- Follow-up with customers all quotes via calls seeking closure of sales
- Work well with people from diverse backgrounds and locals.
- Make outbound calls to previous customers to generate new leads.
- Complete follow-up sales calls after delivery to assure customer satisfaction
- Work with customers to help solve their problems
- Cross-sell other H&R products
This position requires professional phone skills. The ability to take initiative in a cooperative and collaborative environment and to be able to service the customer’s needs in a timely manner is essential. This position is empowered to prioritize daily workload, once assigned by Supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Completion of training – approximate 2-month program.
- Ability to contribute to the companies operation and principles through ethical practices.
- Ability to create relationships with and deal effectively and courteously with vendors and customers.
- Proven ability to pay careful attention to details and problem-solving skills
- Sound working knowledge of windows based computer systems.
- Keyboarding skills.
- Microsoft Outlook
- Negotiating skills
This position has significant opportunity for growth and is eligible for commission program after training is completed.